Group Healthcare Plan
The Wyoming Chambers Health Benefit Plan is a no grandfathered benefit Plan under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010. This means the Plan includes the mandated coverage(s) as required in the law for the benefit of Plan participants. For additional information regarding the benefits provided due to this legislation, as well as all other available coverage levels limitations, please refer to the Plan Declaration and the Summary Plan Document.
- The employer must be a current member in good standing for at least 60 days, of at least one participating local Chamber of Commerce, prior to applying.
- Each employer must have a minimum of 75% of eligible employees participating for groups of 5 or more, and 100% participation for groups of 4 or less. Minimum group size is 2 employees (husband/wife teams have slightly higher premium).
- Completed Employee Enrollment/Waiver Applications are required from each employee in order to qualify. Following underwriting, the entire employer group will either be accepted or denied coverage.
- The PLAN’s renewal date is July 1st of each calendar year. Regardless of when enrollment is completed, any changes to the PLAN rates and/or benefits will take place on July 1st. Open enrollment (the ability to add employees who waived coverage or dependents which had previously waived) is the month of June of each year for each participating employer.
- Premium Contributions are made by the employer directly into the Trust Account and are used as described in the Trust Document, Summary Plan Description and Plan Declaration. The Trust is governed by a Board of Trustees, elected as described in the Trust Document.
- Employer must contribute a minimum of 50% of the employee’s premium, or equivalent if multiple plans are offered.
How to Join
For more information regarding the Wyoming Chamber Health Benefit Plan, please contact Brad Johnson or Sean Gifford at Wyoming Financial Insurance at (307) 473-3000